Losing weight is a personal journey and no two people ever experience it in quite the same way. At InShapeMD in Louisville, KY our team of medical professionals is here to help you start your journey to look and feel your best.
We start by learning what your goals are, what your struggles have been, and then help you determine what medical weight loss program is right for you. We are here every step of the way and have helped thousands of clients lose tens of thousands of pounds in Louisville, KY. We can help you too!
Understanding Medically Supervised Weight Loss
Medical weight loss refers to the proactive management of diet, fitness, and healthy behaviors conducted by a physician or team of physicians. These programs often include comprehensive metabolic testing and medical diagnostics to monitor physiological shifts during the course of a program.
While medical weight loss programs have a much stronger success rate than most self-managed diet regiments, both are often focused on the same essential goal: improving an individual’s nutritional and exercise habits. At InShapeMD in Louisville, KY, we’re standing by to help you do just that.
What Is Obesity?
Obesity is a medical condition. It doesn’t mean you are less worthy, incapable, or lazy. It is simply a diagnosis that occurs when a person carries excess weight or body fat that may affect their health. A doctor will usually suggest that a person has obesity if they have a high body mass index.
What Causes Obesity?
Obesity is most commonly caused by a combination of several factors. Some cases are caused primarily by genes, endocrine disorders, medications, or psychiatric illness. Other cases of obesity in Louisville, KY and across the world are caused by one or more of the following conditions:
- Consuming too many calories: When a person consumes more calories than they use as energy, the body will store those extra calories as fat. Over time, this can lead to excess weight and excess fat. Some types of foods are more likely to lead to weight gain, especially those that are high in fats and sugars.
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle: Most people today work in an office, spend more time on a computer or gaming system, and use a car rather than walking or cycling, which leads to a sedentary lifestyle. When you combine a sedentary lifestyle with too many calories, it is a recipe for obesity.
- Not sleeping enough: Sleep deprivation significantly increases obesity risk in both adults and children as young as 5 years of age in Louisville, KY. When you don’t get enough sleep, it can affect your hormone levels, which increase your appetite and lead to overconsumption of calories throughout the day.
- Endocrine disruptors: The biggest culprit here is high fructose corn syrup. This popular type of sugar is found everywhere, but especially in what we drink. Increased fructose leads to changes in your metabolism and increased stress and inflammation, which contribute to obesity.
- Medications and weight gain: Some medications can also contribute to obesity. Generally, these include antidepressants, mood stabilizers, hypoglycemic medications, and arthritis medications.
- Genetics: There is a gene identified as the FTO gene which may play a role in obesity, eating habits, emotional eating, a preference for high-calorie food, binge eating, and an impaired ability to feel full.
Medically Supervised Weight Loss Programs With InShapeMD Louisville
At InShapeMD in Louisville, KY, we take our time in carefully choosing the right weight loss program for you. Based on your goals and lifestyle, we help you make a plan and then stick to it! We have three main programs that we work with to customize a solution for you.
HCG MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROTOCOL
“The Countdown Diet”
InShapeMD Louisville® features the Countdown Diet™, our phenomenally successful physician-supervised weight loss program. Based on 40 years of medical research by Dr. ATW Simeons, these protocols are combined with a protein-rich, calorie-controlled diet to achieve rapid weight loss by metabolizing stored fat, producing incredibly dramatic results. With success like this, it’s easy to see why people in Louisville, KY choose our Countdown Diet™.
What it does: